Microwave ovens are the new way of cooking food. They can handle pretty much anything from rice to meat to vegetables and even soup. They can be used as an alternative to other cooking methods. Microwave cooking is safe, fast and clean.
Some tips on microwave cooking for beginners:
- You can purchase a microwave oven from almost any large departmental store for a reasonable price. Just look under the "electrical appliances" section.
- When microwaving food, try not to leave the food exposed. Put in on a glass or ceramic plate and wrap it in cling film or a microwavable plastic cover. Make sure there is a small gap between the clingfilm and the plate.
- If you use a plastic plate, make sure it is microwave safe.
- Do not put any cutlery in the microwave oven.
- Do not use any metal plates, bowls or containers for microwave cooking.
- Do not use aluminum foil.
- Stand clear of the oven while it is cooking.
- You can cook liquids such as soup, but beware of superheating liquids. As a rule of thumb, allow the liquid to rest for a few minutes before serving.